Friday, November 20, 2009

Summer photos from Harrisburg...



Hey Everyone,

Hope you are having a good week. This is my long weekend to work UGH. Oh well.

These were taken this past summer, well 3 were and one was taken last year. The 3rd one was when Wyatt had just turned about 13 months old, I took him up to the annual Fire Expo in Harrisburg and this was his first ever photo with a fire truck. I saw Tower 2 in the parking lot and decided to take his picture. The other photos were from this year when we went to the Kapona Festival. Wyatt is sitting on Tower 2 in the famed uptown firehouse and then we stopped by Station 6 and Wyatt wanted to pose on the bench in front of the firehouse.

I can't believe how quickly time has flown by. I look at the photo when he was in a stroller to now and can't believe how big he has gotten and how he has developed into his own little personality.

Brad or any of my other Harrisburg friends that read my blog, can you tell me the history or the story behind the plaque hanging on the outside wall behind where Wyatt is sitting??

Have a great weekend!

Woody

5 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

These are wonderful photos. I hope to hear the story of the plaque.

Brad Myers said...

Woody, time does fly and they grow up quickly. Keep taking the time to enjoy it now, we look at our son now and at 13 see a young man instead of the small boy. I am already fretting over the idea of him going off to college and leaving the house empty, maybe I will move into the dorm with him when it happens.

I have been here looking, I have just been busy with traveling, working and other things.

The plaque was put up by a few fellows that work or worked at the Paxton when Axe was around. Around 1990 (without digging out my records I can't remember exact dates) the HFD got two dalmation pups, Axe assigned to Sta. 6 and Spanner assigned to Sta 8. Both were issued badge numbers and became part of the stations. The men spent many hours on the bench with Axe, getting treats from the nurses as they headed to the Hospital. After he passed away they decided to put the plaque up in his memory.

Jim Klenke said...

Soon he may be driving that truck.

Michele said...

It's crazy how kids sprout up so fast!! You gotta enjoy those young years as much as you can, that's for sure and it's nice that you are taking so many photos to cherish those moments as well... wow, he's so adorable even growing up! He gets more and more cuter!!!

Anonymous said...

I remember when I was in preschool and got my photo taken on a firetruck... anyways... cool blog! :)