Thursday, June 4, 2009

The first truck company ever...






Hey Everyone,

Sorry I missed a day. I've been fighting a head cold and I just did not have the energy to do a post. This photo is of the former Truck 7-5 belonging to the Fire Department of Mount Joy, here in Lancaster County PA. The truck originally saw service in Harrisburg City. I am not sure how long the truck served Harrisburg(Brad or any of my HFD Friends??) The truck is a 1957 B Model Mack Tiller Ladder Truck.

The truck sounds great and looks great. The truck is now privately owned by a Harrisburg City Fireman. The driver of the truck is Captain Sam Clark, also of FDMJ and a Captain with Harrisburg. Sam was teaching a few of the younger members on the fine art of tillering a ladder and how firefighting was back in the day. Some days I wish I could have grown up in that time period...


Have a great day!


Woody

2 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

Thats a cool looking truck.

phillip shoop said...

my uncle ran with mount joy and he used to that me to the firehouse all the time this is the first fire tuck i ever saw. and i remember seeing it answering fire calls. you know what ever happened to the hahns?