Monday, October 13, 2008

Defensive Ops...





Hey everyone,

Hope you had a good weekend. These photos were taken at a early morning house fire in the Southern end of Lancaster County. My department was on the first alarm with our Rescue as the Rapid Intervention Team. Basically, for the non-fire folks that visit my blog, what that means is it is a group of firefighters that are trained to assist and remove a firefighter should one get into trouble. They do not take part in any suppression operations at all.

I was at work still when the fire came in, I took a ride down once my shift was done and shot a few photos. Fortunatley, no one was hurt. Unfortunatley, the house was a total loss. The FD arrived with fire out all 4 sides and through the roof of the house.

These two photos, I used the new filter in photoshop. I don't think they came out too bad. They could have been better. I shot about twenty photos all in Manuel. One mistake I think I made was I set the ISO too high and in doing that, gave me more noise in the photos then what I would have wanted.

Hey, we learn by practicing right? Now I know for next time..

So, Brad, Brian or Rich or anyone...I'd like to hear what you guys think...

Have a great day!!


Woody

No comments: