Friday, July 18, 2008

The Best Firehouse In the City of Harrisburg....





The famous uptown house, home to Wagon 3 and Tower 2. Last Sunday, I had the privilage of being invited up to have dinner in the big house with my friend, Captain Sam Clark, along with another friend, Asst. Chief Bill Hall from the Fire Department Of Mount Joy. It was truly a pleasure to spend an evening with those guys. Sam's crew were absolutely great hosts and the meal was fantastic. They answered any questions I had, offered to pull the rigs out so I could take photos. I can't say enough about them. Hey, I know it seems like I'm making a big deal out of it, but for a fire dispatcher, it's pretty humbling to be invited to dinner in a big city firehouse. Especially Harrisburg Station 1.

I did not get to take too many photos due to the weathe not cooporating. I was able to get an outside shot of Tower 2 on the ramp a bit later once it stopped raining.

I do look forward to a return visit sometime...


Have a great weekend guys!!


Stay Safe,

Woody

No comments: