Monday, July 7, 2008

The Big Apple...








Hi All,

I hope you all had a great weekend. I am now officaly on vacation for the next week!! Yeah!!


For today, since I did not have any new photos ready, I thought I would post a few from my trip to the FDNY last year. A friend of mine from another department organizes a trip at least once a year to the various houses. We always tried to visit the Rescue Companies or any of the Special Ops Houses. The photos from this trip were my second time up and the FDNY guys are simply first class hosts. Outstanding group of guys.

The first photo is outside the quarters of Rescue 5 in Statan Island, which they share with Engine Co 163.

The second photo is outside the quarters of Rescue 2 in Brooklyn, this was my favorite house to visit. The guys were very welcoming and gave us a tour of the house. In a way, it almost kind of felt like being on sacred ground, knowing that I was walking through the firehouse that Ray Downey built. It's kind of hard to explain, If your not in the fire service, you most likely won't understand and If you are, I think you understand what I am trying to say.


The last two photos are from the famous Duane Street Manor House, Home of Engine 7 and Tower Ladder 1. This is the house that the documentry 9/11 was flimed at, that was flimed by the two french brothers and hosted by Robert Deniro when it was on TV. We are not to far away from Ground Zero at this point, which we did make it to, to pay our respects and to also see the ten/ten house.


If anyone ever gets the chance, You have to see the FDNY Fire Museum which is about 5 blocks from the Duane Street Manor. It is worth the trip, believe me...


Have a great day!!!

Stay Safe,

Woody

No comments: