Thursday, July 3, 2008

Strike the box....








Hey Everyone..

While working on some new photos I took of Wyatt and Lisa tonight or last night I should say, I had the scanner on and heard the Eden Fire Company get dispatched for an investigation call at a apartment complex in their first due. I really was not paying to much attention, especially with the additional of caller reports an odor of charcoal burning. My first thought was that it's BS and someone just caught an odor of someone grilling.


Time goes by, and I hear the dispatcher call the engine company and advise they were upgrading the assignment, someone on the scene reporting smoke from the eaves..

So I decided to head out and see what was going on. I hear interior crews reporting they believe they have fire in the attic area with heavy smoke and heat conditions increasing along with paint blistering on the walls. I thought, well this could get interesting real quick. Just as I was pulling into the complex, I hear interior crews report the bulk of the fire knocked. Oh well..I thought since I'm here, might as well get some shots. So I grabbed a few apparatus shots and some other scene shots.


The top photo is Eden Fire Company, Engine 2-4-1
Second Photo is Neffsville Fire Company, Engine 2-7-2 and other mutual aid apparatus..

Third Photo is Southern Manheim Township Fire Company, Rescue 2-11 or AKA "The Dragon Wagon" which is on the front of the rig...


The Fourth Photo is Lafayette Fire Company, Truck 6-3. This is the company I got my start with back in 1990...


The Fifth Photo, is the "mascot" on Truck 6-7 from the Roherstown Fire Company...


As of this posting, FD units are still on scene investigating...


Have a great day everyone!!

Stay Safe...


Woody

No comments: