Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Bully Of The Block...




Good Morning All,

This is the former Engine 4-10-1, I believe it is a 1960 or 1969 C Model Mack. This was the first out engine for the Witmer fire company for many years untill, again my memory is starting to go..I think the late 90's or somewhere in early 2000, 2001..

This engine also did service as the reserve Foam 6-3 while the Lafayette Fire Company's Foam unit was out of service for an extended time and the brothers at Witmer were kind enough to loan the engine to them.

I believe this engine is now privatley owned by a former chief of the department...

I will finish up with Old Engines this week and next week will be either photos that I have photoshopped or something new I tried for the first time the other night, photographing fireworks..

I hope you all have a great day and please, feel free to leave any comments..It's the only way I know If I am doing something right or wrong..

Time for bed...

Stay Safe,

Woody

PS..On a different note, for all the firefighters that look at this site..Here is a link to video of a General Alarm Fire In Lancaster City. I just walked into work and sat down and this was the very 1st call I took..Wish I would have been off, would have rolled in to get photos..Oh well..

Total 4 houses lost...

Enjoy the video..

http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/18/223194

2 comments:

Brad Myers said...

Seen the job on the news last night, I said to my wife I wish we lived closer it would have been a good one to photograph. SOmeday somewhere there will be a fire I can photograph.

Woody said...

Where this fire was located was only about a 10-12 minute drive from my house..

Seems like Brian B is the one blessed with catching all the fire all the time...