Thursday, June 5, 2008

Terror In Amish Country...







Hi All,

Hope you are having a good week. I decided to post a few more photos from the Red Rose Drill held here a month ago. Weather was crappy and I could not get out and shoot anything so this is what I am posting for today. Plus, Brad was wanting fires to photograph so I decided to help him out. This week is the Lancaster County Firemans Covention/Parade which takes place this Saturday In Strasburg. For any Fire Apparatus Buffs that happen to grace upon my site and are looking for some rigs to photograph, Come down to Strasburg. Neat town, also very historic. If you do decide to come, Depending on where you are coming from the best way to get here is to take Route 30 to Route 896. Head south on Rt 896 and that will take you right into town. I will be there Saturday photographing rigs and I will post them next week. The other reason I decided to post some pictures of a fire, In my 18 years of being in the Lancaster County Fire Service, it has always held true that the week prior to the parade, some department in the county gets a working fire. Been quiet so far, but still have two days to go. We shall see...

Anyway, getting back on topic. The first photo is of the burn pit at the training center. The second photo is of the Hempfield Fire Department, Engine 7-19-1 arriving at the fire.

The last two photos which I cropped is of personal advancing the line onto the fire. The nozzleman is the son of a coworker of mine. His name is Zach and is a great kid. Zach loves everything about the fire service and has grown into a outstanding firefighter and young man. For those that have been in the fire service a long time, I am sure you'll agree with me when you see a young kid come in to the firehouse for the first time, you can usually get the feeling If the kid is gonna be great or just an average wingnut who just wants the chance to run a blue light and does not care about the traditions or brotherhood of the fire service. Zach was destined to be great In my opinion. Zach has also taken his service one step further and has enlisted in the Air Force for four years and I believe he leaves In July for Basic Training. Stay safe Zach and your fire service brothers are proud of you!!

And as always, Thanks for visitng my site. It's appreciated and feel free to leave any comments...

No comments: