Monday, June 9, 2008

Old School Fire Trucks....






Good Morning All..

I know I said I was not going to post today, but I'm not real tired yet and I am somewhat coherant, so I decided to post photos of all the old school fire trucks that were in the recent Lancaster County Firemans Parade..


I'm sorry, no photoshop work done..too tired to expand that energy today..


These photos are of Lancaster City Bureau Of Fire, Engine Company 6. To be honest, I did not know City Fire had this piece of equipment. I knew they used to have an open cab American Lafrance but was suprised when I saw this in the parade line. I am currently attempting to find out info about this rig and when I do, I'll post it..


You know, after seeing rigs like this, sometimes I wish I was a little older and started my fire service career back in the 80's or late 70's. I think that would have been a great time to have been a firefighter and alot more fun....


Well folks, I am starting to nod off as I type this...So I am going to hit the rack for several hours. I hope you all have a great day and as always, feel free to leave any comments...

1 comment:

Brad Myers said...

Hey Woody, I am still here and watching. Looking forward to seeing more of the old rigs from Saturday. I don't know your schedule, but this Saturday is steam day at Lutherville Maryland (Maryland Museum of Fire). I will be there, they parade the horse drawn and the last time I was there a steamer pumpered an old water tower. Great stuff. By the way I started in the time period you mentioned (February 1977).