Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Time standing still




Hi all,

Hope everyone had a good day today. I just got home from work. Pretty quiet for the most part on Fireboard. Only thing we really had was a working Silo fire.

Todays two photos. This is another example of cropping and before and after shots. The photo is of a clock that was donated by the Rolex Corporation to the Lititz Springs Park for the 250th anniversary of the town of Lititz. The clock is located right at the entrance to the park right off of Broad Street, which is just located north of the square. I had an image in my mind on how I wanted the shot to look. Originally, I had wanted to be more in front of the clock, shooting straight up with nothing but blue sky in the background.

As you can tell, I was not paying as much attention as I should have and kind of caught the shots on an angle with the Wilbur Chocolate Factory in the background.

By the way, they make excellant Wilbur Buds. If you have never been to Lititz. It is a neat little town. Very historic. Lititz also holds one of the largest July 4th celebrations in the area where the town pretty much shuts down for the day and they have stands and lots of great food right along Main Street. If you ever decide to go see the fireworks, let me know and I'll fill you in on best places to park where you can avoid some traffic(not all though).

Anyway, getting back on topic. I cropped the photo as much as I could to focus in on the clock. I also did some minor photoshop to bring out more color in the sky.

Let me know what you guys think. If anyone knows any tips on how I could have cropped the remainder of the factory out of the photo, PLEASE feel free to leave your ideas. Hopefully, Brian B. looks at the photos and will share his wisdom...


Time for bed, stay safe!!

1 comment:

Brad Myers said...

Woody, if you can't get to a place to avoid the building and other items they can be cloned out. I can do some but an still learning to make it look right. My bet is that is what Brian would do. I will say something to him today.